Monday 17 September 2012

Gorgeous Girls

So many of us doubt. We worry. We fuss. What we seem to forget to do is BELIEVE. As women, the barbie girl image has been burned through our minds since we were young children, and for many of us, it becomes hard to believe that we are beautiful. No matter how many times our friends, boyfriends, husbands and family have told us otherwise, our mind is programmed to favor negative information. As soon as one person has said "did you put on weight?" or a saleswoman give you ones of those looks, you know the one; it says "Yeah, good luck getting into those shirts/dresses/pants.", we seem to remember and believe those hurtful passes. I admit, I am just as offended as the rest of you when these things happen, and I doubt myself every day, my boyfriend can vouch for that. The one thing I am here to tell you is that you are beautiful. You are strong. You are powerful. You are a woman and no one should take that from you. Strut down that street. Flash that dazzling smile. Knock 'em dead. Let's keep our head, heels and standards high! Each and every one of you has a unique factor that shines through. Forget the makeup, leave your hair alone and be confident. They'll fall at your feet, no matter who you are. Confidence is sexy. It doesn't take big breasts, small waists and luscious hips. Confidence takes pride. Harness it, use it.












As many of you already know, I did a photo session with one of my very good friends last month. She is gorgeous, fun loving, sweet, humble, stubborn, and has some of the most amazing eyes (aside from my boyfriends', sorry Nat) that I have every seen. As an all around amazing woman, she walks with her head high and her spirits flying. Always trying to hold in barely-contained laughter, she can make others feel happy with one smile. I love spending time with her and I hope you will enjoy these images as much as I enjoyed taking them, although that is doubtful; we had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment