Tuesday 4 June 2013

My Own Prince Charming

Sophie Fortier 2013©
Selfie in the car mirror
Ever since I was a little girl, I've dreamt of the perfect wedding. The big white dress that makes me look like a princess, the flowers, the candles and whatever other details that a girl could ever think of. The thing is, lately, I've been thinking a lot more about those details and trying to make a decision about them all. Orchids or roses? Outdoor or indoor? Forest, backyard or beach?  Destination or Barn wedding? Do I wear my cowboy boots or a killer pair of heels? What kind of ceremony will it be?

So many questions and I still don't know the answer to any of them. Something I realised though was that none of it matters. For so long I thought about the details of everything and I never thought about the man who was to be my other half. And that's all that really matters. The rest of it is irrelevant. I'll be with the most amazing man in the world and I'll be bound to him forever. I always thought I wanted prince charming. But the thing is, I don't. I don't care about the perfect guy because that's his flaw. He's perfect and imperfection is something I crave. It is so much more beautiful to me. So no I will not be marrying my prince charming but I will be marrying my idiot in tin foil. and for that I and infinitely grateful.
Sophie Fortier 2013©
Sophie Fortier 2013©
In case none of you have guessed already, I am talking about the love of my life, Nick Ballantyne. No I don't have it all figured out, no I don't even know where I'm going or what I want to do exactly. Nope, I don't even know what I'm having fro breakfast tomorrow. But I do know one thing. I will marry this man and I will be happy. And that's all that matters.
Sophie Fortier 2012©

No comments:

Post a Comment