Saturday 8 June 2013

You're Never Too Old


Sophie Fortier 2013
Day 28
My childhood consisted largely of having pets and learning to take care of them. I've had just about every pet you could think of except for birds and a monkey (Despite having tried to convince my mother to get one for a very long time). Rats, mice, guinea pigs, kittens, ferrets, hedgehogs, rabbits, lizards of various sizes and colours, fish, snakes... the list goes on. But something that was always consistent in my life was a dog. After my last dog passed away, Buddy a Collie,  about a two years ago, the house felt very empty. My mom had been wanting a small dog for a long time and so we got one. His name is Joey and you could say that he has a little bit of a character. 
Sophie Fortier 2013
Day 28
Sophie Fortier 2013
Day 28
A few lessons that dogs have always taught me are:
-  that you are never too old. 
- You should also take the time to play every once in a while  or if you're like Joey and Maggie, every day of your life. 
- Spend time with the ones who love you and love them back unconditionally. 
- And lastly, tell those people that you love them every time they walk out the door, because life is short and you don't know when they'll come back. 

Above all, dogs have taught me to be me and really not care who else is looking. So dance like no one is watching, sing with your hairbrush in your underwear and laugh until your ribs hurt while your canine friend looks at you as though you are crazy and tilts his head . Simply enjoy life.




Sophie Fortier 2013
Day 28

Sophie Fortier 2013
Day 30

Sophie Fortier 2013
Day 30

Sophie Fortier 2013
Day 30


No comments:

Post a Comment