Tuesday 26 March 2013

Nightmares

As children, we are haunted by the nightmares that seed from horror movies and ghost stories at slumber parties. As adults, we are traumatized by the realism of these all-too-real dreams. These images follow us during the day and taunt our thoughts; they make us forget the best things about our lives and instead make us dwell on the horrors of it. This can change the way we look at everything. Nightmares suck.

Last week, I had the opportunity to shoot with my good friend Natasha and my lovely boyfriend. They helped me realize a concept I had been longing to do for a long time. Here is the result:
©Sophie Fortier 2013
Models: Natasha & Nick

This particular concept has been haunting me for a while; as someone who has been through a lot of bad dreams and even night terrors, these things have been following and plaguing me for a long time. For those of you who know what it feels like to wake up in sweat and tears, I salute you. Don't give up and don't let it lead your life. Wake up and live through the day. The worst thing you can do is feed your fear; it will only get worse. If you push through those anxieties and refuse to let them take over, the dreams will diminish. I  know this from personal experience. Now, it is rare that my dreams take a turn for the worse, though they are very odd in most cases, they no longer make me wake up with my heart pounding with tears in my eyes. 

This image came out beautifully, even better then I had imagined and I will thank the two who helped me get through it (not to mention the driving my boyfriend did that night, missing the sens game for me <3). It took a lot to get the scream and hands just right so again, you guys are awesome and make my dreams come true. To end on a happier note, I have a shoot with the lovely lady in this image tonight so  stay posted for sneak peaks later!

No comments:

Post a Comment