Friday 17 May 2013

Selfies

To find someone's true self can be difficult. We focus on the negative things we think or hear and make them true. Rarely do we listen to the people who tell us  we are amazing, beautiful or smart. The only way we can grow as people is to believe these things true. To give no power to the ones who negate us. 

Sophie Fortier 2013

We all struggle with our images and the photographer who can push you past those thoughts is a great one. Which is why I have always found it difficult to do self-portraits. Whether they are photographic images, paintings or drawings, I find myself having grown with each one. To capture someone else's soul seems to come so easily to me, but to capture my own? Just about the most difficult thing I've ever done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment